Rules and guidelines of the competition are as follows:
– Advice will be available on site from a professional journalist and photographer, with a morning briefing as to how to best fulfil the challenge.
– There will be an opportunity to interview/photograph at least one winning rider.
– The winning entries in both categories will be published in a local newspaper, with notable runners up entries also posted on the internet.
– Students must be in full time education, aged 12-17
– Entries must be made via a school or college
– Entries must be made in advance of the event
– By entering, a student gives permission for their entry to be published both in print and on the internet
– Photographs must be high resolution (300dpi) – images taken by camera phones will not be accepted.
– The word count for the report is 700 words.
– A free pass to the Horse Trials will be given to entrants and their parents for the day of the assignment
– The winner of each category will not only see their work published in a local newspaper and on the internet, they will also win a day family pass to the 2015 Rockingham Castle International Horse Trials.
– Two runners up in each category will also have their work published on the internet, and receive a day family pass for the 2015 Horse Trials.
– All work published will be credited appropriately.
The closing date for submissions is Tuesday 6th May – publishing deadlines are always tight! Please email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with the heading Media Journalist Competition or Media Photographer Competition.The competition will be judged by the Horse Trials committee. The winner will be announced by Thursday 8th May.